About the Project
Founded in 1895 by George and Henry May, two German immigrants, The May bakery chain had 13 bakery stores throughout East London. It changed to May and Crown when James Crown joined in 1948, after the war.
21 Station Road combined with 22 Station Road in around 1945, originally a dairy and small cafe, the shops combined to create a large bread bakery.
May and Crown partnered with Developing London Ltd, are bringing new commercial investment into Station Road.